At times, you may be harassed by a collection agency for a debt you donít even owe!
Published by Paragon Legal Services on 17th May, 2021
If you are being harassed by a collection agency, you may require the help of a qualified legal professional whether or not you owe them a debt. At Paragon Legal Services, we help clients deal with secure and unsecure credits so that filing for bankruptcy or making a consumer proposal is not your only option.
Unsecured credit or debts means that a bank or collection agency has no collateral against which they can collect the debt that you owe. However, they may still at times call you or harass you for collection in spite of your agreement with them in the beginning.
Collection agencies tend to do the following in order to collect unpaid debts from citizens of permanent residents of Ontario:
- Harassing persons with repeated telephone calls
- Calling at strange hours including before 8:00 in the morning and after 9:00 in the night until you agree to pay them what is owed
- Calling you at your workplace or office even if you have asked them not to do so
- Talking to anyone you may know including friends and family members about the debt that you owe to them
- Misrepresenting the amount of money that you may owe them
- Making false claims to be a credit bureau representative in order to action payment to them immediately
- Threatening to sue unless payment to them is actioned, whether or not they have a plan for collection
- Threatening to garnish your wages or seize your personal property unless you promise to pay or start making payments
At Paragon Legal, we can help with dealing with creditors and persons that you may owe. If you are having issues with a bank or collection agency. We can help you mitigate your loss and negotiate on your behalf for you to pay your debts in Ontario.
We can help with either paying in a lump sum settlement proposal for one time or with a payment schedule with increments. We can also assist with settlement after a judgement to help you pay what you owe.
For more information or assistance, contact Paragon Legal Services today to speak with a qualified legal professional and let us help you better your credit score and pay your debts on your terms and conditions.